The holiday shopping season is a key time for all devices, and Portal From Facebook is no exception, so the company turned to some star power to back its video calling device, as Rebel Wilson and Leslie Jones are leading its new campaign.
The consumer marketing campaign kicks off Monday in the U.S. and will run through the holiday season on television, social media and other digital platforms.
The campaign was created with TBWAChiatDay New York, and the spots were directed by Jody Hill and Maggie Carey of Caviar.
The two spots are:
- Baking, in which Wilson uses Portal to teach her family, including her sister, Anna, how to make her famous holiday rolls.
- Party, in which Jones hosts a virtual dance party with friends while listening to “Jingle Jangle.”
The goal of the campaign is to show how Wilson and Jones use Portal to help them feel together with friends and family, no matter where they are, and it will showcase the device’s features including augmented reality masks, built-in Alexa, Messenger Rooms, Smart Camera, Story Time and Zoom integration.
Portal From Facebook holiday promotions that will be available in the U.S. from Nov. 20 through 30 via the Portal website, Amazon, Best Buy and Target are:
- Portal Mini, $65, down from the suggested retail price of $129.
- Portal, $129, down from $179.
- Portal+, $229, down from $279.
- Portal TV, $129, down from $149.