How much do you know about your website’s hosting? Has finding the right host been a challenge that you wish you could put to rest? What really is the best hosting platform for you and your business?
Whether you are tech savvy or not, chances are you have had some issues with website hosting during your entrepreneurial life. Almost all businesses require an online presence and thus a homepage for customers to visit, but setting this up has historically been a tricky business.
In this episode we look at some the developments in this field over the last decade or so and speak particularly on our experiences with WordPress and Squarespace. From there, we look at the different hosting options available to WordPress users and talk about the two main lanes that these fall into.
We also talk about domain purchasing and how your host can effect everything related to your website. The last part of the episode is dedicated to to announcing a great web hosting offer that is now available through your Fizzle membership. We are extremely excited about this, so make sure to stay tuned for that!
For all this and more, listen up in and get it all, Fizzlers!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why the majority of entrepreneurs and Fizzlers are on WordPress. [0:05:15.7]
- Some of the dangers and horror stories related to web hosting. [0:07:47.6]
- Getting what you pay for with web hosting. [0:12:40.2]
- Chase’s experiences with domain purchasing and managed hosting. [0:14:39.6]
- The effects that your host will have on your and your users’ experience. [0:18:50.8]
- Why managed WordPress hosts offer so much to new users. [0:23:53]
- Some information on Flywheel, and a special offer for Fizzlers. [0:28:12.2]
- Getting the most out of the host! [0:36:21.7]
- The added bonuses of having a built in host within the Fizzle membership. [0:40:15.5]
- Why this conversation is the essential step after your product. [0:43:30.3]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Start growing your site’s traffic!
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil’ guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »